Introduction to Carpet Steamers
This article will help those who have stained carpets, or even if their carpet requires cleaning. Carpet steamers are great for those with kids or pets because it helps to lessen or eliminate any damage or marks on a carpet.
They’re also great for anyone looking to cut costs for professional cleaning equipment or services because carpet steamers are less expensive than carpet and floor cleaners.
What is a Carpet Steamer?
Carpet steamers are a sophisticated cleaning tool that was designed to get rid of any stubborn stain that is not easily removed by a normal hoover.
It is commonly utilized in areas of high traffic where accidents or spills are more likely to occur.
How do you Use a Carpet Steamer?
If you are buying an appliance for steaming your carpet, it’s important to know the way it functions and how you can use it. To make sure you’re using your carpet steamer in a proper manner it is recommended to study the instructions of the manufacturer carefully.
The way you utilize steamers for carpets will depend on the specific product.
For example steam mopping will require the following procedures:
- If you own an electric steam mop, ensure it’s fully charged.
- Then, you should connect mop pads using the connectors supplied and keep spares in a safe place.
- The water tank must then be filled to the maximum level.
- Remove any items that are in from the way, like plugs or furniture.
- Clean up or brush any debris that is loose.
- Then, switch the mop on or connect it to an outlet in the event that it’s not cordless. Then let it heat up for approximately 30 minutes.
- If you are making use of a mop with a steam you must begin near the doorway so that you don’t walk across the clean floor. Then move along straight lines.
- It is recommended to allow the carpet to completely dry before you can put back your furniture, or any other object.
Types of Carpet Steamer
When you are looking to purchase steamers for carpets it is essential to know which one is the best one for your needs. There are many kinds of carpet steamers that are perfect for different purposes for example:
Handheld Carpet Steamer
Carpet steamers that are handhelds can be small devices that are typically portable and cordless. They can be lugged around the house, and are ideal for smaller spots of damage. Carpet steamers that are handheld usually come with a variety of attachments that aren’t just suitable for carpets but could also be used to clean hardwood floors or appliances, as well as staining on sofas.
This kind of carpet steamer may not be the ideal choice for a complete carpet cleaning because it takes the time to cover the entire carpet using a handheld carpet steamer.
Cylinder Carpet Steamer
If you want to deep clean the carpets at home, the cylinder carpet steamers are the most effective option.
They typically come with a huge water tank that permits the steaming of carpets throughout your home for up to 50 minutes. Additionally, they come with a variety of attachments that allow you to utilize your carpet’s steam to other surfaces.
The problem with cylinder steamers for carpets is that they’re difficult to operate due to the larger water tank and the fact that they are heavier than other carpet steamers.
Vacuum Steam Cleaners
Vacuum steam cleaners and carpet cleaners combine steaming hot water as well as cleaning supplies to get rid of any stains and smells from carpets. This is especially beneficial for large areas since they can clean an entire carpet in a matter of minutes and with ease.
They’re also stronger than other steamers for carpets, because they’re strong enough to remove any trapped water or dirt from the carpet. This will allow for the drying of carpet fast and prevent accumulation of a missed dirt.
The biggest issue with vacuum steamers is that they’re more costly as compared to other steamers for carpet therefore if you are on a low budget this might not be the right choice for you.
Best Carpet Steamer
To assist you in choosing the best carpet steamer, have a look at the following items:
Vileda Steam Mop
The Vileda Steam Mop has been voted as the most effective steamer mop. It is loved by many because of its superior carpet performance as well as its capacity to eliminate 99.9 percent of bacteria found on floors and carpets.
The mop needs to be powered by a cord during operation. It can be limiting however it lasts much longer than models that are cordless.
The Vileda Steam Mop costs around £99.99.
This steam mop comes with:
- 0.4-litre tank
- Steam power changes
- Functions of tilt and pivot head
- Carpet glider attachment
- 1550 watt steam heater
- Two mop heads in addition
- Two-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Included is a carpet glider for refreshment.
- Useful on wood surfaces.
- The short cable is a hindrance to movement
- The body of the steam mop tends to heat up
- The power won’t be turned off when you are upright
10-in-1 Multifunction Hot Steam Mop Cleaner
The lightweight steam mop is made to be used for cleaning many different surfaces, including hardwood limestone, ceramic, and much more. It also comes with various attachments that include handheld functions, which enable the use of it in any space within a home.
The 10-in-1 Multi-function Hot Steam Mop Clean retails for £42.99. The steam mop cleaner comes with:
- 1300 Watt power
- Capacity of water tank 450ml
- Ten accessories: glider, jet tool, scraper measuring cup, nylon brush and slender brush. Carpet tool small brash brush window cleaner, and microfibre cloth pad
- Triangle shaped head design
- Adjustable steam control
- The indicator that is dry and warm tells you when it’s ready to use
- It is easy to use minimal and maximum settings
- Cleans multiple surfaces
- It takes longer to dry
- Water overflow
Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean Steam Mop
Its Russell Hobbs Steam and Clean Mop is an easy-to-use plastic cleaning device with the capacity of 0.38 litres that provides twenty-five hours of clean time. It includes a steam mop and handle, as well as two microfibre pads as well as a carpet glider cooling tray and filler cup.
It is estimated that the Russell Hobbs Steam and Clean Mop is priced at around £34.
- Two-year manufacturer warranty for free once the product is licensed
- Cleansing without chemicals
- Cleansing without chemicals
- It is difficult to put together
- It is quite difficult to manoeuvre
Dupray NEAT Steam Cleaner
This product for cleaning steam is perfect for any surface and for products that have superheated steam with low moisture that prevents excessive water.
This Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner also has a 5m power cord, as well as an integrated funnel to prevent mess.
This Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner is priced at £144.99.
- Offers 50 minutes of clean-up time.
- Cleaning equipment for portables
- Works on a variety of surfaces
- It takes seven minutes to get hot.
- Insufficient indicator of the water level
MLMLANT Multi-purpose Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
The MMLANT handheld steamer is a great choice for cleaning hard to reach places in the house due to its slim design. It also has nine attachments, including an extended spray nozzle, a spray cup that has a measurement cup, brush towel sleeves, brush plates, long funnel and a spray cup for doors and windows.
The cost of the MMLANT Pressurized Steam Cleaner begins at £30.
- Includes a lock for safety
- 1050W of powerful steam
- Offers only 20 minutes of running time.
- Small brushes wear out quickly
Moolan Steam Mop 12-in-1 Multi-functional Steam Cleaner
Its Moolan 12 in 1 Steam Cleaner is a powerful 1500W steam mop that produces 100 gallons in just 15 minutes. It also has a swivel head that rotates 180 degrees that is ideal for difficult to reach places. It is also suitable for flooring, vinyl, carpet tiles and other floors.
The Moolan Steam Mop 12-in-1 multi function costs around £72.99.
- In just 15 seconds
- Perfect for a variety of surfaces
- Does not require any chemicals
- Care must be taken to prevent steam burns
- Produces a substantial amount of steam hot
Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Fresh Combi Classic Multifunction Steam Mop
Its Vax Steam Mop is a blend with detergents and steam technology that refreshes flooring and carpets while eliminating difficult staining. It also comes with three heads to assist with scratching off stains as well as cleaning hard floors and carpet glide.
There are also 10 tools that work for other surfaces like ovens, tiles, and grout.
This Vax S86-SF-CC Steam Mop is priced at £59.
- The handheld cleaner is built-in to be used in higher areas
- Cleaning pads that washable
- Can kill up to 99.99 percent the bacteria
- Handheld units are heavy.
- Release issues with detergent
Karcher SC3 EasyFix Steam Cleaner
Its Karcher EasyFix Steam Cleaner is an ultra-light model that uses non-chemical steam to wash the carpet and various other areas. It has a heating capacity of 1900W and its max steam power of 3.5 bar.
The product also comes with extensions, such as an integrated funnel hand nozzle, microfibre cover. It also comes with the 2m steam hose with guns and a descaler cartridge.
Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner is priced at £148.
- Child security lock
- Regulating the flow of steam
- Very simple to utilize
- No measuring equipment is provided.
- The cable isn’t long
Shark Lift Away Steam Mop
Its Shark Lift Away model is a steam mop as well as cleaner that doubles as a handheld steamer. It comes with an 0.3 tank capacity of a litre and is heated up in only 30 minutes.
It also includes two scrub pockets with a nozzle for direct steam and an accessory house. The mop head is rectangular, a window squeegee brush for carpet, flat one, and filling flask.
This Shark Lift Away Steamer is normally costing £100.
- Useful on walls
- Flexible application
- Cable can reach up to 7m
- Only between 8 and 10-minutes of clean-up time.
- It is difficult to get rid of stains from the hard flooring
Thane H20 X5 Mop 5-in-1 Portable Steam Cleaner
Its Portable Steam Cleaner is a two-in-one item that comes with steam mop as well as a handheld cleaner. It comes with a tank capacity of 471ML, which gives ten minutes of steam.
It also includes carpet gliders, variable steam settings and a water tank that can be removed as well as a water jug, the squeegee, nozzle and brush.
This Thane 5 in 1 Steam Cleaner retails at £89.99.
- Offers continuous fill
- The heat is on in less than 20 seconds
- Only 10 minutes of time for cleaning
- Does not contain a limescale filter.